The Doxiepoo has a moderate to high amount of energy and needs daily exercise. However, both parent breeds have moderate intensity needs, making exercise easy. This hybrid does not need large spaces to run around, but a small backyard is ideal. Walks and trips to the dog park are both excursions welcomed by the Doxiepoo. Seeing the world and being comfortable in it will provide avenues to expand his mind and prevent separation anxiety. This hybrid prefers the warmer temperatures but can tolerate any climate. He is not meant to be left outside alone, he prefers to be with the family and involved in whatever is happening inside.
Poodles are known to be some of the easiest dogs around to train. They require fewer repetitions and rewards than other breeds to know when they have done something correctly. Dachshunds, on the other hand, are rather stubborn when it comes to learning new things. They are easily distracted and aren’t the best for impatient pet parents. Depending on how much the Doxiepoo takes from either parent, they may be difficult to train at first. But if you’re consistent, keep a positive attitude and always reward good behavior with treats, Doxiepoos will no doubt learn every trick in the book and then some.
The Doxiepoo is a companion dog with moderate to high energy. This hybrid is affectionate and loving toward its family and is happy to include children and other pets in his life. He accepts other canines and strangers but will thrive in an obedience class that allows him to overcome his shyness and showcase his intelligence. Children should be shown how to treat the Doxiepoo kindly, who may withdraw if loud noise and harsh words are used. The Doxiepoo does not take well to boredom and lack of mental stimulation and will enjoy the company of humans and animals alike, particularly if socialized early.
- Apartment Living
- Couch Potato
- Marathon Runner
- Brush & Go
- Need a Little Help
- People Pleaser
- Need a Treat with that
- Special Financing*
- Earn Rewards on Regular Purchases made with your Petland Credit Card**
- No Annual Fee***
- *Minimum payments are required for each Credit Plan. Valid for single transaction only.
- **This rewards program is provided by Petland and its terms may change at any time. For full Rewards Terms and Condidtions, please see https://petland.com/contact/terms/
- ***For new accounts, as of August 2020 Purchase APR of 29.99%. Minimum Interest Charge is $2.00 per Credit Plan.
- Credit card offers are subject to credit approval.
- Petland Credit Card Accounts are issued by Comenity Capital Bank.