The Lakeland Terrier has a dense, wiry coat with longer hair on the legs and muzzle, often giving him a distinct beard. Small, sturdy and workmanlike, the breed?۪s narrow frame allows him to squeeze into rocky dens to chase after vermin. While generally a show dog or family companion today, Lakelands can also be found utilizing their natural instincts at earth dog events or digging in the backyard. The breed comes in a variety of colors including blue, black, liver, red and wheaten with or without a patch of color over the back and shoulders called a “saddle”.
The Lakeland is an English breed dating back to the 1800s. One of the oldest living terrier breeds still known today, they were originally developed by farmers to accompany them on hunts and to prevent fox and other vermin from destroying their sheep herds.
The Lakeland is bold, friendly and confident but has a quiet disposition. While he is well suited for a variety of living situations including rural and urban settings, the Lakeland’s energy level makes him well suited for an active lifestyle. His coat shed minimally but requires periodic clipping by a groomer.
- Terrier Group; AKC recognized in 1934.
- Ideal size approximately 14 inches tall at the shoulder and 17 pounds
- Vermin hunter
- Apartment Living
- Couch Potato
- Marathon Runner
- Brush & Go
- Need a Little Help
- People Pleaser
- Need a Treat with that
- Special Financing*
- Earn Rewards on Regular Purchases made with your Petland Credit Card**
- No Annual Fee***
- *Minimum payments are required for each Credit Plan. Valid for single transaction only.
- **This rewards program is provided by Petland and its terms may change at any time. For full Rewards Terms and Condidtions, please see https://petland.com/contact/terms/
- ***For new accounts, as of August 2020 Purchase APR of 29.99%. Minimum Interest Charge is $2.00 per Credit Plan.
- Credit card offers are subject to credit approval.
- Petland Credit Card Accounts are issued by Comenity Capital Bank.